- The cancellation of Festivals and events
- Wedding cancellations,
- A change of mind scenario
- Family or domestic disputes and breakdowns
Full payment is generally required at the time of booking to secure your reservation.
Cavvanbah has a no cancellation / no changes policy and for this reason we strongly recommend that guests take out Travel Insurance to protect them against unforeseen travel changes.
Please note that number of guests must not exceed what is specified on your booking confirmation. This is a breach of our terms and conditions.
Strictly No Pets allowed at the property
Reservations made before 11 March 2020
On the 11th of March 2020 the World Health Organisation declared the outbreak of coronavirus, known as COVID-19, to be a global pandemic. At this time COVID 19 became a know event and travel insurance policies no longer covered a traveller for cancellations due to the virus being a known event with the burden of risk being placed on the traveller.
All reservations made prior to 11th of March 2020 are covered by travel insurance and guests should contact their travel insurer for remedy.
However, we are aware that some Travel Insurance Companies have been rejecting claims from our guests for forced cancellations made on bookings prior to 11 March 2020.
As a measure of goodwill, in such circumstances when a guest has had their claim rejected from a travel insurer and the guest provides us with a confirmed rejection, Cavvanbah will offer the guest a credit valid for 12 months.
Reservations made post 1 June 2021
In light of the ongoing pandemic and as a measure to share the risk with our guests of government imposed travel restrictions, if you are subject to a Government announced travel restriction (lock down) we will offer you a 50% credit of your booking amount for future travel valid for a period of up to 12 months.
You will need to advise us within 24 hours of a Government announced restriction preventing you from travel.
You will then be placed on our credit list.
This COVID policy offer is limited to a situation where you are subjected to a Government imposed restriction. Our policy does not cover:
- All guests on our credit list will then be offered 1 opportunity to re book for a period of up to 12 months.
Please note: COVID re-bookings will only be accepted at certain times of the year outside our peak periods.
Check in and Check Out
Checkin time is 2pm on the day of your arrival and checkout is at 10am on the day of your departure. If you require an earlier checkin or later checkout, please contact us and we will endevour to do our best subject to availability and our cleaning schedule for the day.
For guests paying by credit card a preauthorisation will be made on their booking credit card for a security deposit. This will be released upon checkout. For guests not paying by card, we will require to take an imprint of your card upon checkin. In some circumstances listed further under "functions and parties" below, a security deposit may be required to be paid as a cash deposit into our bank account prior to arrival.
In the event of unforseen circumstances, management has the right to cancel a reservation and provide the guest with a full refund.
Although all care is taken, management does not take responsibility for any damage to your personal belongings including your vehilce and personal items. Please ensure all your possesions are secured in your accommodation and that your vehicles are locked.
At all times guests must abide by our terms and conditions and by purchansing accommodation through our website the guest acknowledges that they have read our terms and conditions and have agreed to them. For your convenience they are contained below.
Terms and conditions
- The address of the property is 1 Cavvanbah Street, Byron Bay, New South Wales, 2481.
- If you need to contact Cavvanbah for any reason, please call us on +61 2 8052 3795
- It is our policy that the rental charge is to be paid at the time of booking in full.
- The terms of your tariff will be specified on your booking confirmation and it is those terms in conjunction with these terms and conditions that will apply to your reservation.
- If your tariff specifies that it is a non refundable / non changeable tariff you will not be entitled to a refund or changes should you not be able to fulfill your travel commitments.
- In all other circumstances the terms of your tariff stated on your booking confirmation will specify the level of flexibility applicable to the reservation that you have made.
- By making a reservation on our site, you acknowledge that you
- understand the nature and limitations of the tariff you have purchased
- acknowledge your responsibility with regards to travel insurance and;
- have taken the steps to determine the correct travel insurance necessary for your circumstance and the particular tariff you have purchased to cover your travel risk.
License not a tenancy
- Guests are granted a limited permission to occupy the Property for holiday purposes.
- This is not a residential tenancy agreement under the residential tenancy legislation.
- Failure to comply with the Guest's obligations in the Terms and Conditions may result in termination of permission to occupy the Property and eviction.
- The Maximum number of guests for your stay will be stated on your booking confirmation. If the maximum number of guests is exceeded, it may result in termination of permission to occupy the property and eviction and or incurring an additional charge.
- Guests must comply with all House Rules.
- Guests must respect the residential amenity and security of the Property and neighbours.
- Guest are to refrain from anti-social behaviour.
- To ensure the amenity for all our guests, Cavvanbah does not permit guest to have visitors at the property. At no time are guests to exceed the number of guests speciifed on their booking confirmation for the purpose of entertainment and the like. Cavvanbah has a strict no party rule.
- Guests must control and be responsible for any person associated to the guest when on the property (such as delivery persons or people providing a service) and ensure that they comply with the house Rules.
- Guests must comply with any instructions from the Manager and security services during their stay.
- Guests are to notify the Manager of any disputes or complaints as soon as is practicable.
Noise and Residential Amenity
- Guests must not create noise, which is offensive to neighbours especially between 10pm and 8am and during arrival and departure at any time throughout the occupancy.
- Offensive noise is prohibited and may result in:
- Termination of permission to occupy the Property;
- Loss of rental paid; and
- Extra charges for security and other expenses which may be deducted from Security Deposits or Bonds.
- Guests must abide by any noise abatement conditions, standards and orders issued by the Police or any regulatory authority to minimise impacts upon the residential amenity of neighbours and local community.
- The Property is not a “party house” and any such activities are strictly prohibited. That is Cavvanbah has a very strict NO FUNCTION / NO PARTY policy; and
- Any group such as (but not limited to) "Schoolies", "Bucks nights / weekend", "Hens nights / weekends" must advise management prior to reservation of the nature of that group. Please refer to your booking confirmation for specific requirements surrounding your reservation.
- Group bookings are subject to a security deposit an amount to be set at the discretion of management in the form of a cash deposit in to our bank account prior to arrival. At managements discretion this may be in the form of a pre-authorisation on a credit card.
- All group reservations are subject to a "1 strike" policy. That is any breach of the terms and conditions will result in an immediate requirement to vacate the premises.
- All group bookings must be aware that the number of people contained on the booking confirmation must not be exceeded in any circumstance and that this is considered a breach of the terms and conditions.
Access and Parking
Guests and any person associated to the guests must comply with parking regulations and show consideration to neighbours.
Recycling and Garbage
- Guests must dispose of garbage and recycling in accordance with the usual practice at the Property and in the allocated bins;
- Guests must not leave excess rubbish in public or common areas.
- Guests are to leave the premises in a clean and tidy condition, which includes cleaning all items used in the preparation or consumption of meals and drinks.
If you would like to offer someone a gift voucher for a stay with us we can provide you with this wonderful thought. Simply call us and we will assist you. All our gift vouchers are Valid for a 12 month period so be sure to advise your receiving party.
Consequences of not meeting the Terms and Conditions
- The consequences of not complying with the Terms and Conditions requirements can include enforcement action from the owner, Manager, security services, local councils or, in some instances, the Police.
- Enforcement action is subject to Australian Consumer Law and other relevant legislation.
- Such enforcement action could result in termination of permission to occupy the Property, eviction, loss of rental paid, deductions from security deposits and extra charges.
- It is therefore important for all Guests to be aware of their obligations and of their responsibilities to make any Visitors to the Property aware of these requirements to maintain the amenity of the Property and its neighbourhood.